Congratulations on joining the Master Program in Management with Specialization in Strategy and Entrepreneurship at CATÓLICA-LISBON. You have been admitted to the program because of your strong academic background and your desire to prepare for a career in management. You are now a member of a highly accomplished group of students in who envision their future career in consulting, management, strategy, or launch your own entrepreneurial venture. Your path and your choice begins with a study plan designed to provide you with the necessary academic, practical knowledge and skills to prepare you for your chosen career.
Please note that your study plan consists of several complementary parts, all intended to enrich your learning and increase your personal and professional development over the course of the program:
- A foundation of required business courses provides a balanced perspective on business, though some of these can be waived for students with relevant backgrounds;
- A range of specialization courses, both mandatory and elective, allows you to explore various aspects of your chosen field. You may go even further by choosing from a number of free electives;
- Master students are also expected to develop their leadership and other soft skills through Career Accelerator Lab workshops, and to prepare for their career search through activities organized by Career Development Office, including workshops, seminars, and Career Accelerator Programs. These have been designed to develop the competencies that organizations most seek in new graduates, including communication and negotiation skills, decision making and critical thinking, and emotional intelligence and managing oneself;
- As a student in this program you have an option to enhance your career profile through international experience – either via Double Degree with FGV or academic exchange semester at one of the partner universities;
- Finally, as you approach the end of your program and are ready to begin work on your thesis, the two-session Research Methodologies Workshop will prepare you to select and begin research on a thesis topic. To complete the workshop you will also be a research participant in four (one-hour) sessions in our LERNE behavioral laboratory, to experience different research approaches first hand and contribute to the world-class research culture and performance at CATÓLICA-LISBON.
There are a lot of options. While you are planning your path, please keep in mind your professional goals and the areas you most want to improve. As this may result in a unique combination of courses and activities, check carefully and regularly to make sure that your customized program is going to meet all of your study plan requirements.
Bring your hard work and enthusiasm to all aspects of your Master’s Degree experience, and you will be rewarded – personally, academically, and professionally.