Involvement with the entrepreneurship ecosystem is a key success factor for CATÓLICA-LISBON. The Investors in Residence (IiR) are individuals qualified as angel investors who commit to enhancing and energizing the entrepreneurship ecosystem within our School by supporting students, recent graduates, researchers and faculty in their entrepreneurship projects.
Appointed by the Dean for one year renewable mandates, Investors in Residence foster the environment for the promotion of potentially innovative entrepreneurship projects by:
- Providing mentoring and early stage funding for the testing of ideas and business models, in the stages of creation of new ventures
- Promoting effective collaboration between complementary areas of competence - such as science, technology and management - by providing effective mechanisms for fostering multidisciplinary teams that can bring to life successful ventures
Accessible to students, faculty and staff on a pre-scheduled basis, the contributions of the Investors in Residence may also include:
- Jury members for pitches in entrepreneurship classes
- Guest lectures
- Workshops in specific areas of financing, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Projects’ advising and feedback
- Mentoring of students and graduates who want to engage with the entrepreneurship ecosystem
Investors in Residence typically commit to spending one day per week on campus on a regular basis.