The Center for Responsible Business & Leadership (CRB) is a strategic arm of Católica Lisbon’s ambition to be a catalyst for IMPACT creation, knowledge and innovation promotion.
Responsible Business (RB) is becoming an essential part of corporate strategies and the CRB aspires to develop critical knowledge among students and executives to face these new trends as opportunities. Our aim is to contribute to Católica-Lisbon mission to be a top business school and create a position of intellectual leadership, while finding the right answers for the world toughest challenges.
We believe that corporations able to act as a Responsible Business, integrating all its dimensions into their strategies and culture, will be the leading companies of the future.
1. Our Vision
To become an European reference in knowledge development and learning in corporate sustainability, acting as a catalyst for change.
2. Our Mission
Through research, teaching and consulting, our mission is to prepare students and executives to fully understand the concept and practice of Responsible Business and make them realize its impact on corporate strategies.
3. Our Values
- We value a sustainable world (Planet, People, Profit).
- We value companies that exist to create value for themselves and for society.
- We value companies acting as Responsible Business (RB), which we define as businesses able to address the concerns of all relevant stakeholders, putting Sustainability (in its holistic sense) at the centre of their strategies, as a source of competitive advantage. These are companies where environmental, social, economic and ethical concerns become “the way we do things around here”, creating value for them and society.
- We value Responsible Leadership (RL), which we define as the leadership driving the agenda of Responsible Businesses, leaders who focus their souls and minds on value creation, both for their company and society, and whose core skills include values, vision, innovation, trust and leading from the heart.
- We believe that corporations able to act as RB, integrating all its dimensions into their strategies and culture, will be the leading companies of the future.
4. Our scope of action will include activities such as:
- Shaping the content of RB modules on university degrees
- Defining RB and RL programmes for Executive Education (both intra Company and Open Courses).
- Consulting on RB and RL for corporations
- Research with impact on subjects like 1) how corporations could be transformed into Responsible Businesses, integrating its core components into their business strategies and operations and 2) what Responsible Leadership really implies.